To Upload the SeaGlide Firmware to Your Arduino Board Follow These Steps
1. Download and install the Arduino Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
2. Don't forget to install the required FTDI driver
3. Download the SeaGlide firmware:
First try "SeaGlideV0_9noIR.ino"
4. Open the "SeaGlideV0_9noIR.ino" file in the Arduino IDE. Arduino might prompt you to create a folder for the sketch, go ahead and do this.
If you aren't running the latest version of Arduino this step might look more like this.
5. Select the Arduino pro mini board from the Tools menu:
Tools > Board > Arduino Pro or Pro Mini
6. Plug your FTDI Basic Breakout board into your Arduino Pro Mini and connect the FTDI board to your computer with a USB mini b cable
7. Select the usbSerial port from the Tools menu:
On Windows: Tools > Serial Port > COM X (usually the highest number COM port)
On a Mac: Tools > Serial Port > /dev/ttyusbserial-XXXXXXXX
7. Then click the upload button
You should then see a progress bar and uploading dialog
Followed by "Done Uploading"
If you run into a compile error that mentions "RobotIRremote" the compiler has detected a conflict between the third party (Adafruit) IRremote library that SeaGlide uses and the RobotIRremote library that recently started shipping built into Arduino.
The most likely cause for an error that mentions "RobotIRremote" is that IRremote is not installed. see step 3 above to install the IRremote
- Quit the Arduino IDE.
- Download the IRremote folder from here.
- Copy the IRremote folder into your Arduino libraries directory. Usually .../Documents/Arduino/libraries
- Launch the Arduino IDE and compile.
For more detailed instructions to install third party Arduino libraries see the official Arduino guide.